Save the Planet - Shop The Glass Desert
The Glass Desert prides itself on creating high quality, low environmental impact art, focusing on reducing, reusing, and recycling wherever possible. We wholeheartedly believe in eco-minded, sustainable living, and that each one of us can do our part to save our planet. By shopping with TGD, you are supporting an eco-conscious, woman owned, small business!
At The Glass Desert, we use mostly repurposed glass, upcycled cups and mugs, and recycled packaging. Even the strings that go around each potted cactus are the repurposed backings from copper foil rolls. We support such businesses as Green Earth Supplies (Etsy here) that offers recycled paper products at reasonable prices. They even plant a tree with every order!
Do your part!
Here are some ideas for living a sustainable life that you can bring into your everyday life:
- stop using single use plastic water bottles and straws! Bring your own metal water bottle and use metal straws. Find them on Amazon, Etsy, or Groupon for cheap.
- refuse plastic bags and use reusable ones instead. These are super cute!
- turn off the water while you brush your teeth or do dishes.
- idle your car less - turn it off when you're parked.
- plant a garden! Even a windowsill herb garden makes a difference.
- get a Nest thermostat to regulate your heating and cooling usage. Rebates available.
- install a rain water harvesting cistern and use the rain to water your garden.
- purchase with consciousness - consider this: will it bring you joy or improve your life?
- use your imagination and go for the idiom: Reduce, Reuse, Refuse, and Recycle!
Get Social to learn more: